Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bunbetsu to Takan, by Hina Sakurada

Bunbetsu to TakanBunbetsu to Takan by Hina Sakurada
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

From the title and the reviews I had read I was actually expecting something else, more in line with the italian title of the publication (Sense and Sensibility).
However, I found a typical modern manga, or better a collection of stories, where the main one has as characters very young teenagers who live more grown up experiences.
Although the themes (temptation, reason and logic, passion) are interesting I think the story could have been a bit less "superficial", as it has been put it feels that everything is just an adolescent whim.
The other stories are nothing extraordinary: I always think that such short stories have to be extraordinary or they will be too quick to bring anything relevant to the reader.
Despite this, I must admit that the drawings were very nice (even though I am usually not that fond of the modern shojo style) and one of the things I enjoyed the most was the emphasys that was put on the facial expressions.


View all my reviews

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...