Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Red plum and blackberry jam

As always in this period, we end up having a lot of fruit thanks to a nice combination: our own production as well as the one of others who decide to dump their harvest on us.
In this specific case, we did collect all the plums of our little tree and since they didn't seem to survive that much we planned to make a jam out of them.
At the same time we got a big box filled with blackberries.

The plums
Ingredients:

  • 600 gr of plums
  • 400 gr of blackberries
  • 1 kg of sugar
  • the juice of one lemon


The fruit is boiling
I started by warming up the plums for about 3-4 minutes, keeping them in movement so that they would not get stuck to the pot. When they looked a bit softened, I added the blackberries. I stirred for few minutes and then I added the lemon juice.
I let the mix cook at a quite high temperature for about 5 minutes more and then I blend it.
The blended mix, pity the picture became blurred
Finally, I add the sugar and since I am lazy I use the one specific for making jams, so that I don't have to spend too much time wrestling with it (and Isabella at the same time).
I cooked everything, while stirring, for about 5 minutes, then I put the content in sterilized jars, which I then store in a dark and cool place.
Another blurry picture capturing the jam

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...