Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Pizza: Aubergine and Salame

Today we have inaugurated a new tradition (let's see how long it lasts ;-D): every Sunday we will prepare a different style of home made pizza.
The first one (if we exclude "my" classical corn and bacon one) has been Mattias' choice: aubergine and salame.

Ingredients for the dough:
300 gr of flour
25 gr of fresh yeast
lukewarm water
a pinch of salt

Preparing the dough is quite easy: I put the flour in a bowl (although traditionally, one would need a wooden surface - which I don't have ;D), I start to add a bit of the yeast that I have melted in a cup of lukewarm water.
I mixed it around, after adding a bit of salt, and start to work the dough with the hands until I get a quite compact and soft ball of dough. If it is too sticky, I will add some flour, if it is too dry some lukewarm water.
After obtaining the ball, I cover the bowl with a clean towel and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Working the dough
When the time has passed, it is time to stretch the dough.

For today's topping, we went a bit lazy and bought a pre-made sauce (just to save those 15 minutes of cooking your own sauce) but we had to prepare the aubergine.
The premade sauce
We cut them in thin slices and put them in layers with salt. Once the layers are done, I put a big heavy object on top and let it rest for half an hour.
The aubergine
Once this is done, I wash carefully the aubergine and dry them by squeezing them.
We fried them today, but possibly also grilled would have worked fine (fried have a nicer crunchy surface).
Frying
After strecthing the dough, we spread the tomato sauce, added the aubergin and sprinkled everything with some mozzarella.
Ready to be put in the oven!
We have let it cook in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees) for about half an hour and once ready we have put the salame on top. 
Still smoking
Buon appetito!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...